While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same; our commitment to your health and safety. We remain diligent in our responsibilities in the well-being of our patients, employees, and community.
We understand the concern and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and we are committed to being responsive to the needs of our patients as the situation evolves.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control follows the recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), California Department of Public Health and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We have enhanced our PPE (personal protective equipment) to assure the health and safety of our staff and valued patients. Additional disinfecting measures are frequently being used between patients on areas such as door handles, light switches, bathroom faucets handles, reception area furniture, and counter spaces.
Please note the following changes we have made:
- If you are experiencing a fever, cough, sore throat, flu-like symptoms, or difficulty in breathing, we ask that you call our office to reschedule your appointment.
- We have reduced the amount of seating in our reception area and are minimizing the number of patients at any one time. There is additional seating outside for our patients as well. We ask that only the family member receiving treatment enter the office.
- A wellness form will be texted to you the morning of your appointment. Kindly complete the form and return via text. If you do not have a mobile phone, please call our office the morning of your appointment and we will conduct the pre-screening over the phone with you.
- We ask that you please wear a face covering at all times until we ask you to remove it.
- We are following the pre-screening measures for all employees as they arrive to work each day.